Friday, August 19, 2011

G-Pa Tom Update #5: Tim(e) marches on

So, nothing really happening lately. Here's all that happened in the past few days.

I went to Van Nuys again to try and obtain Neva's death certificate. On the form I put "Neva Condron -OR- Neva Hammond" so here's hoping they actually do search for both names. I waited in line an hour because quit literally about 60-70 people were ahead of me. Most were couples because--as the man behind me pointed out--this was the line for "Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates". Those are the same thing I guess, right? When I got to the front of the line it cost $12 to get the form, so fingers crossed.

And next week I expect to get the letter back from Cleveland about my grandfather's death certificate. Because now I know (think) he really was born Thomas Earl LeVere. Not Condron or Hammond. All the other dates are right, but I also messed up on the parent's names because I think I still put Luella Moxley as his mother, but now I know it was Neva Condron.

That's really it for now. I found a crap-ton of information on that FamilySearch.org website. I found Thomas LeVere Sr.'s family on the 1910 Census. Printed out a lot of things about them; just names and dates, not personalities or pictures unfortunately. It's pretty interesting stuff.

It's gonna be a real bitch updating the family tree with all this info though...

No comments: